Telling Biblical Tales
Run time: 10 hours
Ziony Zevit, American Jewish University
Examine the context of some of the most well-known, yet perhaps little-understood, narratives of the Hebrew Bible, enabling you to enter the thought-world of those who wrote them in ancient Israel…a world very different from our own.
- How Did the Bible Come to Be?
- The Creation of the Cosmos
- Abraham and the Binding of Isaac
- Stories about Child Sacrifice
- Reading the “So-Called” Ten Commandments
- Why Was Israel Enslaved?
- Some Characteristic Features of Biblical Narrative
- Ruth and Real Estate
- The Garden Story (Part I)
- The Garden Story (Part 2)