From Our Collection of Temple Mount Resources
Solomon’s Temple and Palace: New Archaeological Discoveries
By Yosef Garfinkel and Madeleine Mumcuoglu
In this lavishly illustrated book, archaeologists Yosef Garfinkel and Madeleine Mumcuoglu believe they have solved the perplexing mystery of Solomon’s Temple and royal palace from the Hebrew Bible—thanks to the discovery of a small stone Temple model at Khirbet Qeiyafa in Israel.
Item 7B8ST1 — $50.00
Jerusalem’s Temple Mount: From Solomon to the Golden Dome
By Hershel Shanks
“Beautifully illustrated volume. Perfect for a popular audience.”
—S.H. Werlin, Choice
Few places in the world have enjoyed such religious significance as the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Using 160 vivid illustrations and revealing research, BAR editor Hershel Shanks takes you from the Golden Dome backward through time in an exploration of the temples that once stood in this spot.
Item 7C01 — $39.95
The Copper Scroll and the Search for the Temple Treasure
By Hershel Shanks
Enjoyable for beginners and Scroll enthusiasts
“A pleasure to read!”
—James C. VanderKam, University of Notre Dame
Most scholars agree the unique “Copper Scroll” found in the Judean desert more than 50 years ago describes the treasures of the Jerusalem Temple that were buried shortly before 70 C.E., when the Roman legions burned the city and its holy sanctuary. Accompany Hershel Shanks as he explains the scroll’s enigmatic contents, takes you on a quest for the legendary treasure, and describes the high-tech methods used to decipher and preserve this important ancient document.
Item 7H76 — $24.95
The Quest: Revealing The Temple Mount In Jerusalem
By Leen Ritmeyer
Archaeological architect Leen Ritmeyer’s book presents a vivid view of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem through the ages. This work distills three millennia of history and 30 years of intensive research into the definitive book on the Temple Mount.
- Superb reconstructions of Temple Mount architecture
- Profusely illustrated with hundreds of maps, plans, drawings and photographs and illustrations
Published by CARTA Jerusalem & The Lamb Foundation
Item 7T355 — $60.00
Secrets of Jerusalem’s Temple Mount: Updated and Enlarged Edition
By Leen and Kathleen Ritmeyer
This book by Leen and Kathleen Ritmeyer takes you on a detailed tour of ancient Jerusalem’s most sacred site. Discover the hidden secrets of Solomon’s Temple and King Herod’s expansion of the Temple Mount, where the Ark of the Covenant once stood and where Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers.
Item 7H55 — $16.95
The Jerusalem of Jesus: Lectures by Archaeologist Dan Bahat
In this DVD, explore with archaeologist and leading expert Dan Bahat the topography of Jerusalem in Jesus’ lifetime and the holy sites that became important to early Christians.
- Jerusalem in the time of Jesus
- The Temple Mount and Jesus
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre from its inception
- Holy Places in Jerusalem and their origins
Run time: 4 hours
Item 9HLA1 — $20.00
Jesus and the Second Temple: The World of Early Judaism and Christianity
Delve into the world of Jesus and his contemporaries with renowned Biblical scholars in this DVD to better understand the cultural norms at the birth of Judaism and Christianity.
- Craig A. Evans, Acadia University | The “Tomb of Jesus”—Who Were Buried There?
- Amy-Jill Levine, Vanderbilt University | The Battle for Judaism—Archaeology and History vs. the Social Sciences and Cultural Anthropology
- Bruce Chilton, Bard College | The Temple, Aramaic Epigraphy and the Historical Jesus
- Ben Witherington III, Asbury Theological Seminary | The Importance of Rhetoric for Understanding Paul’s Letters
- Bart D. Ehrman, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill | Literary Forgery and Counter-Forgery in Early Christian Tradition
Run time: 5 hours
Item 9HLX1 — $30.00