Texts and Contexts: Shedding New Light on Ancient Texts and Historical Questions
Run time: Approx. 5 hours
The world of Biblical scholarship is never static. Research into the ancient cultures from which the Biblical texts arose is continually shedding light on how to interpret and understand these ancient writings, events and peoples.
In Texts and Contexts, familiar texts and historical questions take on new meaning as eminent scholars explore the latest in literary interpretation.
- Exploring David’s Strange Antics After Defeating Goliath
James Hoffmeier, Trinity International University
- The Historical Problem of the Essenes
Steve Mason, York University,Toronto
- Should the Gospel of John Be Used in Jesus Research?
James Charlesworth, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Oral Texts and Rhetorical Contexts
Ben Witherington III, Asbury Theological Seminary
- Early Christian Counter-Forgeries
Bart Ehrman, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill