Edited by Hershel Shanks
The Bible tells us stories about Jesus and his life, but this book gives us archaeological facts.
A compilation of articles previously published in Biblical Archaeology Review
, this book examines what the world was like where Jesus lived. With over 200 images, it follows Jesus through the land where he lived and walked 2,000 years ago.
• Sepphoris in Jesus' Time
• Long-Lost Bethsaida Rediscovered
• Galilee Ports
• The Jesus Boat
• Where Jesus Stayed in Capernaum
• Herod's Temple Mount in Jerusalem
• A Pilgrim's Journey Through Jerusalem
• The Siloam Pool
• The Garden of Gethsemane
• Akeldama: Field of Blood or High Priest's Tomb?
• Burial Cave of the Caiaphas Family
• Caiaphas Bone Box
• The Holy Sepulchre Church and the Burial of Jesus
• The Garden Tomb
• Jesus' Tomb
Richard A. Freund
Eric M. Meyers
John F. Shroder, Jr.
James F. Strange
Joan E. Taylor
240 pp. + 200 illustrations & color plates
ITEM: 7H74 Softcover