Edited by Hershel Shanks
The Bible tells us stories about Jesus and his life, but this book gives us archaeological facts.
A compilation of articles previously published in Biblical Archaeology Review, this book examines what the world was like where Jesus lived. With over 200 images, it follows Jesus through the land where he lived and walked 2,000 years ago.
• Sepphoris in Jesus' Time
• Long-Lost Bethsaida Rediscovered
• Galilee Ports
• The Jesus Boat
• Where Jesus Stayed in Capernaum
• Herod's Temple Mount in Jerusalem
• A Pilgrim's Journey Through Jerusalem
• The Siloam Pool
• The Garden of Gethsemane
• Akeldama: Field of Blood or High Priest's Tomb?
• Burial Cave of the Caiaphas Family
• Caiaphas Bone Box
• The Holy Sepulchre Church and the Burial of Jesus
• The Garden Tomb
• Jesus' Tomb
Richard A. Freund
Eric M. Meyers
John F. Shroder, Jr.
James F. Strange
Joan E. Taylor
240 pp. + 200 illustrations & color plates
ITEM: 7H74 Softcover